An evening with talks and music to mark the launch of issue 13 of Datacide, the international magazine for noise and politics.
It will feature talks from Datacide contributors, including:
– David Cecil (Uganda) – Confessions of an Accidental Activist – Sexual politics and homophobia in Uganda -David found himself in the media spotlight in 2012/13 after he produced a comedy drama in Kampala (Uganda) which was mistakenly portrayed as a piece of ‘gay activism’. The US evangelist movement, international rights activists and the mainstream media have all contributed in different ways to misleading perceptions of sexuality in Uganda. Meanwhile, more substantial and complex factors of post-colonial socio-economic transformation have been (deliberately?) overlooked, along with the actual experience of daily life for LGBTI people in Uganda. The author will give a brief presentation
focusing on the politics of identity in Uganda, and looks forward to a discussion on international sexual politics.
– Neil Transpontine (London) on the 1990s movement against the ‘anti-rave’ Criminal Justice Act. Twenty years ago the UK Government announced its plans for new laws notoriously targeting gatherings with music ‘characterised by repetitive beats’, sparking off a mass campaign of opposition.
– Christoph Fringeli (Berlin) on Datacide magazine.
Sunday night sounds from DJ Controlled Weirdness.
The event will take place at Vinyl (4 Tanners Hill, SE8) the new record shop/bar/cafe/gallery in Deptford
from 7-10 pm
Nearest rail stations: Deptford Bridge DLR, Deptford; buses including 453, 177, 225. Ten minutes from New Cross London Overground.
- We will be at the Linke Buchtage this weekend presenting the latest issue of datacide. You can find us at the stall of ça ira Verlag! The bookfair is taking place at Mehringhof, Gneisenaustr. 2a, 10961 Berlin - closest public transport is Mehringdamm. Opening times are Fri 17-22, Sat 11-22,…
- Datacide Fourteen is officially released on October 18 and 19, 2014 in London. Datacide will be tabling at the London Anarchist Bookfair on Saturday, October 18 from 10am - 7pm. We will be selling the new issue, back issues 9-13, as well as new Praxis records. The venue is Queen…
- Thanks to Frank for the pictures!